Links to sites of prototype interest
- Mark Bau's site, Victorian Railways is not being maintained currently but it contains a wealth of information on numerous aspects of the eponymous system.
- Rob O'Regan has a lifetime goal to digitise and place on line his collection of monochrome pictures of rolling stock and locos. Mid 1970s to present day. Also contemporary image in colour.
- Peter Vincent, the guy who produced the excellent CD on VR rolling stock, has put most of his comprehensive collection of data on line.
- The Victorian Museum website has a section showing aspects of the history and operation of the Victorian Railways.
- For information about Victorian prototype have a look at the Madden Collection of photographs. It can be found here and search for Victorian Railways.
- The National Library of Australia's archival site Trove is worth searching on any topic.
- The Public Records Office allows for online searches. You need to register and material can be viewed at the offices in North Melbourne or Ballarat.
- The National Library of Australia has in its holdings the John Buckland Collection of photographs, some of which have been digitised and are available on-line.
- Stations Past has pics about closed VR lines.